Immediate standouts/ faves for me are:
* I'd Do It All Again. She clearly expresses her unwavering love for her husband despite any shortcomings. It's beautiful and heart-breaking. This is where she shines vocally and just puts her soul on display.
* Closer. Corinne tries on some straight R&B here and she wears it well, like a sexy little black dress. The lyrics, the vocals....everything's on point. I've already played this song like two dozen times.
* Are You Here. Psychedelic and soulful. The track reminds me of the Beatles or Jefferson Airplane. She questions the lingering presence of her husband.
* Love's On Its Way. Another glorious ballad that invokes so much emotion. It verges on being anthemic.
* The Blackest Lily. Rock/ Funk tinged and featuring drummer ?uestlove of The Roots, it's that "I really shouldn't hook up with you but I kinda can't help myself" song.
Now let me make it clear that this entire album is bliss. I'm completely loving this new sound she's serving up. It's a beautiful blend of sweet and sultry . Fledgling and up-and-coming artists, please take note. This is how you grow and evolve.